Pupil Leadership Council 2017-2018
If you are interested in becoming a Junior Leader on our Pupil Leadership Council please complete the online application below
Applications must be complete and handed in via the link on the school website or through submission to the school office by Tuesday 3rd October 2017.
The Leadership Council is the way that we will capture ‘pupil voice’ within Bo’ness Academy. This provides S1-S6 pupils with the opportunity to be involved in the life of the school and have a positive impact on their own learning. Every pupil has the opportunity to be part of the council and develop their leadership skills.
The purpose of the Leadership Council is:
- To provide formal leadership opportunities for S1-S6 pupils
- To ensure that every pupil has the chance to share their opinions and ideas.
- To develop leadership skills essential for life in work or further education.
- To provide a formal opportunity for both pupils and staff to work together to make Bo’ness Academy the best it can be for everyone.
The structure of the Pupil Leadership Council is as follows:
- Leaders: All pupils from S1-3 who apply and are successfully appointed to the Leadership Council will be known as Junior Leaders. All pupils who apply and are appointed to the Leadership Council from S4-6 will be known as Senior Leaders.
- Pupil Leadership Teams: Each team will be led by a Team Leader from Senior Phase (S4-S6) and a Vice Team Leader from the Broad General Education (S1-S3). All teams will be made up of Senior and Junior Leaders from S1-6.
- Class Representatives: Every registration class will appoint a Class Rep who will represent their registration class at meetings with the House group. Class Reps will be responsible for sharing the ideas and opinions of their registration class with the House Captains as well as feeding back to their class.
If you would like to develop your leadership skills and make a difference to Bo’ness Academy, BGE pupils (S1-S3) are required to complete the Application Form which can be accessed via the school website. Additionally pupils can contact Miss McIntyre to complete a paper copy. Applications must be complete and handed in via the link on the school website or through submission to the school office by Tuesday 3rd October 2017.
|Pupil Leadership Council in Boness Academy Sept 2017||[pdf 202KB]|