Health and Wellbeing
The PE and FCT departments come under the Faculty of Health & Wellbeing. The Faculty Head is Mr MacWhirter.
Welcome to Bo’ness Academy Physical Education Department. The Department consists of:
Mr MacWhirter, Mr Johnston, Mr Binnie,
Mrs Millar, Miss Norris, Miss Stein,
Miss McKelvie, and Mrs MacLeod.
Physical Education allows pupils to engage in a diverse range of challenging learning experiences contributing to their physical, social, emotional and mental development.
Physical Education Departmental Aims
In Physical Education we aspire to fulfil the following aims for all pupils:
• Develop their knowledge and understanding of human movement by engaging in a range of physical activities.
• Improve their physical performance.
• Develop social skills and promote acceptable standards of behaviour and positive attitudes to others.
These life skills are also transferable to all other areas of the curriculum.
Physical Education Departmental Policies
Positive Behaviour Strategy
All pupils are READY
- Always remember PE kit.
- Pupils are ready to learn 7 minutes into lesson
- Pupils ready to leave by the bell.
All pupils are RESPECTFUL
- Respect everyone at all times.
- Respect PE changing rooms and PE equipment.
- Respect other people’s belongings.
All pupils are FOCUSED
- Listen to instructions and concentrate on all tasks within lessons.
Pupils are encouraged to hand in any valuables to their PE teacher at the start of the lesson. They will be kept in their teachers valuable box and locked in the PE base for the duration of the period.
Please be aware if the pupil does not do this, we can not take any responsibility for anything that goes missing.